London, The Courtauld Institute of Art and King’s College London
Deadline: May 1, 2017
Association for Art History Annual Conference 2018, Call for Sessions
‘LOOK OUT!’ is the theme of the Association for Art History’s Annual Conference , co-hosted by the Courtauld Institute of Art and King’s College London, from April 5 – April 7 2018.
• Incorporating a whole range of outlooks – of educators, curators and heritage partners, of university and other teachers and researchers in art history and other disciplines, and of artists themselves.
• Challenging you to think about art history’s global reach and connections with other affiliated subjects in the arts, humanities and sciences.
• Inviting new perspectives on international collaborations within the field in the context of current political events.
• Encompassing examination of the histories and futures of art historical practices, and the opportunities and challenges of broader political and public engagement.
• Other creative and innovative ways of interpreting the theme are enthusiastically encouraged!
We aim to include contributions from those engaged in all aspects of research involving art history and visual culture.
DEADLINE for academic and alternative session proposals: May 1st 2017