Call for Papers
II International Conference. Sevilla, 1514: Arquitectos tardogóticos en la encrucijada
Seville, November 12-15, 2014
Deadline: 31 May 2014
After the I International Conference Arquitectura tardogótica en la Corona de Castilla held in Santander in 2010, the II International Conference. Sevilla, 1514: Arquitectos Tardogóticos en la encrucijada, aims to serve as a forum for discussion on the latest research developed in this thematic area in an international context.
The conference will be celebrated as a joint activity between the Universities of Cantabria, Seville, Lisbon (Portugal) and Palermo (Italy) and will be held in the city of Seville during the month of November, 2014, with a duration of 4 days distributed into scientific sessions and guided visits. The scientific sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Magister: Biographies and trajectories of the Late Gothic master builders.
- The role of promoters and patrons.
- 1514 as a milestone: the Late Gothic period and the “Franciscan, German and Moorish skeins”.
- The councils of master builders in the Late Gothic period.
- Science, technique and archaeology.
- Engravings, treatise and microarchitectures.
Those interested in presenting a paper must send the title and abstract in Spanish or in English (max. 1,000 characters) before the 31st of May, 2014, along with their personal information (full name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com (only one paper will be admitted per person).
For more information, please visit the following website: www.tardogotico.es