1. NUME, Research Group on Latin Middle Ages, organizes the V Cycle of Medieval Studies, June 2019.
2. The goal is to offer a broad overview of the current situation of Italian and international medievalist studies. Issues which are related to many different aspects of the medieval period (V-XV century) can be addressed: history, philosophy, politics, literature, art, archeology, material culture, new technologies applied to medieval studies and so on;
2.1 Contributions with two or more speakers are accepted;
2.2 Contributions already structured in panels and leaded by 1 coordinator are accepted;
2.3 All contributions will be structured in specific panels.
3. The conference will be held from 3rd to 4th June 2019 at the ex Convento Il Fuligno, Florence, via Faenza 48n.
4. Participation proposals must have abstract format, written on a single pdf file in english, not exceeding 300 words. Furthermore, 5 keywords identifying the topic will have to be reported in the same file. Proposals must be accompanied by a short CV (no more than 1000 words), and sent by October 1st, 2018 to the e-mail address:
4.1 In the case of panels, the proposal must include a general title with a general presentation not exceeding 300 words, followed by abstracts of all the interventions (presented as in point 4.)
5. Proposals will be evaluated by the Review Board on the basis of quality, interest and originality. The judgment of the Commission will be unquestionable.
6. The Commission will notify the convocation for the speakers considered suitable by November 15th, 2018. The previous membership of the NUME Association does not necessarily imply the convocation.
7. The selected speakers will be asked to prepare an oral intervention, accompanied by any images or videos, not exceeding 15 minutes (+5’ discussion time). Contextually, they will be asked to send a paper of their contribution for the Conference Proceedings by February 1st, 2019.
8. The selected speakers will be required a registration fee as follows:
– NUME members (enrolled before June 29th, 2018): 80 EURO each
– Other speakers: 100 EURO (+20 EURO of membership) each
The participation will entitle to 1 free copy of the Conference Proceedings.
9. The Conference program will be published by April 30th, 2019.
10. The deadlines set out in this call must be strictly observed, otherwise the contribution will be excluded from the call.