The Welch School of Art & Design seeks a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure-track Lecturer in the art of the ancient and/or medieval world. Appointment date: August 2023.
This position entails teaching surveys of Western art and upper-level courses that incorporate at least two of the following: ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, ancient Rome, and the European Middle Ages. The successful candidate must value working with diverse student populations and cultural perspectives. The successful candidate will join an established Art History area within the Welch School of Art & Design’s growing faculty. They will play a significant role in the College of the Arts’ contribution to Georgia State University’s strategic goals of highlighting the arts and media as vital to the quality of all major cities, demonstrating that students from all backgrounds can achieve academic and career success at high rates.
Opportunities for growth and support in this position include university-level teaching fellowships and grants through the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Online Education, leadership in instructional innovation through our active learning classroom program, and successive promotion to the ranks of Senior Lecturer and Principal Senior Lecturer.
- Teaching four courses per semester
- service to the area, school, college, university, community and/or profession
- serving on MA/MFA thesis committees
- advising undergraduate Art History majors
- PhD in Art History by the time of the appointment
- strong teaching skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- command of computer-mediated technologies related to the discipline
Salary range: $45,000-50,000
Submit a PDF for this job application to firstname.lastname@example.org either through email or through direct download (such as WeTransfer). Complete applications will include PDF documents in this order:
- A cover letter including past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion through teaching and service
- Curriculum Vitae
- statement of teaching interest
- Names, email addresses, telephone numbers, and titles of at least three professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, submit all materials by January 9, 2023. Questions about the position can be directed to the search committee chair at email@example.com. Should you be recommended for a position, an offer of employment will be conditional on background verification.
For more information, visit here.