This day-long event will provide attendees with the unique opportunity to hear new information concerning the medieval wall paintings at Chalgrove Church in the presence of the paintings themselves. Aspects of the scheme’s content, dating, patronage, and connection to contemporary works will be explored by notable scholars.
- Professor Paul Binski (Professor Emeritus of the History of Medieval Art, University of Cambridge & Fellow Librarian, Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge)
- Professor Miri Rubin (Professor of Medieval and Early Modern History, Queen Mary University of London)
- Dr. Ellie Pridgeon (Director of Consultant Archivist & Associate Lecturer, Universities of Cambridge, Oxford, & Leicester)
- Sommer Hallquist (PhD Candidate, University of Cambridge)
- Madeleine Katkov (Wall Paintings Conservator)
- Bob Heath-Whyte (Specialist, Chalgrove wall paintings & St. Mary’s Lay Minister)
Members of the Chalgrove Local History Group
Date: Saturday, 16th October, 2021, 10am – 5pm
Location: Church Lane, Chalgrove, Oxford OX44 7SD
Registration fee: £20 (Includes on-site lunch) | Proceeds fund the parish & their continued upkeep of the wall paintings
*Concessions for students & parish members. To receive a discount code, please email ChalgroveSymposium@gmail.com.
Questions about the event? Please email ChalgroveSymposium@gmail.com.
Follow us on Twitter & Facebook! @ChalgroveSympo1
Website for St. Mary’s, Chalgrove: https://chalgrovechurch.org/
This symposium is organized by Sommer Hallquist, Madeleine Katkov, and Bob Heath-Whyte.