The Medici Archive Project offers internships for undergraduates and graduate students. This year they will run from the start of June to mid-July at MAP’s headquarters in Palazzo Alberti in Florence.
Interns learn the ropes of archival research by shadowing a MAP scholar and helping their mentor with active investigations. Typical responsibilities include digitizing and indexing volumes, transcribing documents, assisting with social media and organizational tasks, public relations correspondence, copy editing, and conducting secondary research online and in local libraries and archives.
How to apply
Please send the following (in PDF format):
– A CV that outlines your academic background and relevant coursework.
– A personal statement (for details, see the Application Procedure to the left).
– One recommendation letter written by someone from your academic institution who knows you well. Recommendation letters can either be sent by you with your application packet, or by the recommender directly to us, using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In their personal statements, prospective interns should:
1) outline their academic interests and motivations for undertaking the internship;
2) indicate current Fellows and Staff Members with whom they would especially hope to collaborate;
3) indicate their level of proficiency in languages other than English, especially Italian, Spanish, German, or Hebrew;
4) note any relevant previous experience (archival experience is not required).
Completed applications and recommendation letters should be submitted to email@example.com.