The Département d’histoire de l’art et d’études cinématographiques is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Medieval Art History.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
- Ph.D. in Art History
- Dossier of publications and research on Medieval art
- Teaching experience in the field of Medieval art at College/University level
- Research interest and/or teaching experience in non-Western art would be an asset
- Proficiency in the French language
Linguistic Policy : The Université de Montréal is a Québec University with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy, [http://secretariatgeneral.umontreal.ca/fileadmin/user_upload/secretariat/doc_officiels/reglements/administration/adm10-34_politique-linguistique.pdf], the Université de Montréal provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
The Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
Ø Constitution of application
The application must include the following documents:
– a cover letter
– a curriculum vitæ
– 3 samples of recent publications and research
– Teaching evaluations at college/university level (if applicable)
– Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the department chair by the referees.
Application and letters of recommendation must be sent to the chair of the Département d’histoire de l’art et d’études cinématographiques by November 9, 2016 at the following address:
Madame Silvestra Mariniello, directrice
Département d’histoire de l’art et d’études cinématographiques
Faculté des arts et des sciences
Université de Montréal
- P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (QC) H3C 3J7
The complete application and letters of recommendation may also be sent electronically to the following e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Department, please consult its Web site at: