Call for Paper: Society for the Study of Early Modern Women (New York, 13-16 Feb 2019)
CAA Conference, New York, February 13 – 16, 2019
Deadline: Apr 18, 2018
Society for the Study of Early Modern Women
Call for Panel Proposal
College Art Association
New York, 13-16 February 2019
The Society for the Study of Early Modern Women (http://ssemw.org/) will sponsor one panel at the annual conference to be held in New York, 13-16 February 2019. We are soliciting proposals for panels that explore the relationships between women, gender, and artistic or material culture during the early modern period (c. 1300-1800). Cross-cultural or transnational panels are especially welcome.
CAA offers the SSEMW the opportunity to submit an already-formed panel or to participate in the association’s general call for participation. Panel proposals may therefore consist of a completed panel with pre-selected speakers or a call for participation that will be widely circulated. The format is similarly flexible, and might include three 20-minute papers, several “lightning” papers, a roundtable discussion, or other interactive format.
Panel proposals should be sent to Maria Maurer at email@example.com no later than Wednesday April 18th with the following materials:
– Abstract of 250-500 words describing the panel
– Name(s) of panel organizers and, for complete panels only, the speakers. Include the institutional affiliation and email address for each participant.
– One-page CV for organizers. For complete panels, a one-page CV is also required for speakers.
– CAA Member ID of each participant – please note that CAA requires all participants to be active members through February 16, 2019.
– For complete panels only: titles (max 15 words) and abstracts (max 250 words) of each paper.
Sponsorship by SSEMW signifies that the panel is pre-approved and automatically accepted by CAA.
CAA offers several travel grants to support participation by emerging scholars, women, and international scholars: http://www.collegeart.org/programs/travel-grants
Participants do not need to be members of SSEMW at the time of submission, but should join the society before CAA meets in February 2019. A regular membership costs $25; students, independent scholars and contingent faculty may join for $15.