The Society for Renaissance Studies invites applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships, which support research in all aspects of Renaissance studies. There will be two Postdoctoral Fellowships awarded in the academic year 2021-22, each worth £15,000.
Our understanding of ‘Renaissance’ is broad: we welcome applications from all disciplinary backgrounds, and across a wide chronological and geographical spectrum; we also prize innovative approaches to undertaking research. SRS supports the principle that academia cannot reach its full potential unless it can benefit from the talents of all, and so is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Applicants must be graduates of British or Irish universities, and currently engaged in full-time research, part-time teaching or independent scholarship.
- Applicants must either already have been awarded their PhD (from a British or Irish university) no more than five years before 1 October 2021, or have been provisionally awarded their PhD by 31 May 2021, subject to no more than minor corrections. These corrections must be due to be completed and accepted by the awarding university no later than 1 October 2021. It is expected that the applicant’s referees will be able to confirm the status of the PhD.
- The SRS Fellowships are not to be held alongside other postdoctoral awards or fellowships or jobs that constitute more than 0.5 of a full-time post.
- The period of tenure is twelve months from 1 October 2021.
- Fellows are required to become members of the SRS and will be invited to attend meetings of the Society’s Council.
- Fellows will be asked to present their findings at the end of the period of award, and to submit a written report for publication in the Society’s Bulletin
- Fellows must name the Society for Renaissance Studies in their affiliation in any publications and conference papers presenting the research.
- There are no specific residence requirements for successful applicants taking up a Fellowship.
Applicants should complete the online application form below by 30 April 2021.
Queries should be addressed to the SRS Fellowships Officer:
Dr David Rundle – e-mail: email@example.com
Click here for more information from the Society for Renaissance Studies website.