Project Curator: Becket
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
Fixed term (14 months in duration)
£25,285 per annum
Application deadline: 13 September 2019 by noon
The British Museum is seeking to recruit a Project Coordinator to support the Becket exhibition project team, working closely with the Lead Curators in the development and delivery of the exhibition and publication.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To work as a core member of the Project Team, assisting the Lead Curators and Project Manager as well as liaising with other key internal stakeholders.
- To manage and file project documentation and correspondence. To obtain necessary information on loans (dimensions, special condition requirements, credit lines and copyright) through liaising with lenders and International and Departmental loans officers.
- To compile and manage a digital database with object list and images.
- To track and monitor the movement of BM objects for the exhibition between departments (such as conservation and photography).
- To assist the Lead Curators with background research, picture research and picture acquisition for the exhibition and publication, and to coordinate new photography and manage photographic orders.
With a degree in relevant subject, the successful candidate will have demonstrable museum experience, project experience and research experience. They will be an excellent communicator at all levels and a team player who thrives on challenge. They will be adaptable, resourceful, imaginative, with ability to assess priorities and meet deadlines. They will have high proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and managing digital imagery.
|Salary:||£25,285 per annum|