Exciting new position for Assistant Professor, Visual Arts Department, University of Colorado, Denver
The Visual Arts Department in the College of Arts & Media at the University of Colorado Denver seeks a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Art History with expertise in a field outside the Western traditions (such as the arts of Africa, East or South Asia, Native America, Pre-Columbian, etc.) of any historical period, preferably with secondary expertise in modern/contemporary and/or diasporic art.
This position will have a teaching load of five courses per academic year. The start date for the position is August, 2016. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is the premier research university in Colorado, attracting more than $400 million in research annually, serving more than 18,000 undergraduate, graduate and health professions students in Denver, Aurora and online. The University awards nearly 4,000 degrees every year in over 135 degree programs through 13 colleges and schools. The Anschutz Medical Campus includes over 5 million square feet of research, educational and clinical space on 227 acres. The Denver Campus is located in one of America’s most vibrant urban centers, just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts, the LoDo entertainment, retail and residential district and the state capitol. On both campuses, students, staff and faculty have access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural opportunities.
The College of Arts & Media, located on the Downtown Denver campus, offers B.F.A. and B.A. degrees in Studio Arts, Art History, Film and Television and B.S. and M.S. degrees in Music with studies in the rapidly growing field of audio forensics.
Visual Arts majors select programs in Art History, Drawing, Illustration, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Digital Design and Digital Animation.
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at
http://www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job posting 02643.
- PhD (degree completed)
- Expertise in art outside the Western traditions (e.g. Africa or East or South Asia, etc.)
- Record of scholarly activity
- Pursuit of publication
- Knowledge of digital methods of instruction
- Ability to teach and work with a diverse student body
- 2-3 years of teaching experience beyond graduate school
- Expertise in modern/contemporary art
- Record of peer-reviewed publications
- Curatorial experience
- Record of developing educational activities with cultural institutions
- Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to maintain a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity and that treats faculty, staff and learners fairly and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation.
Special Instructions to Applicants: For more information on the College of Arts & Media, or the University of Colorado Denver in the downtown Denver campus, visit our websites at http://www.ucdenver.edu or http://www.cudenver.edu/cam.