CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 40 SCHOLARSHIPS
The Municipality of Thessaloniki and the Centre for Byzantine, Modern Greek and South-Eastern European Studies of the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS, Paris), in collaboration with the Museum of Byzantine Civilization of Thessaloniki and the Ministry of Education and Cults, of Culture and Sports of the Hellenic Republic, have organized a series of courses (in English and French) as part of a summer school on the topic Saints and Sinners in Byzantium to be held at Thessaloniki the 30 June-12 July 2014.
To enable students to participate in the courses, the organizers are offering 40 scholarships, covering the following costs
1) Accommodation in Thessaloniki (hotel and half-board)
2) Participation in the course
In exceptional cases aid may be given for costs of transport, depending on resources.
Applicants for such aid should make a special request addressed to Centre for Byzantine, Modern Greek and South-Eastern European Studies of the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS, Paris) for this providing reasons which prevent them from paying for transport.
At the end of the course, certificates of participation will be issued to students, equivalent to 12 ECTS for students enrolled in the Master’s program at the EHESS.
a) Students enrolled in a Master’s programm (Metaptychiako, Laurea specialistica …)
b) Doctoral students
c) Students enrolling in Master’s or doctoral programms in 2014 (letter from supervisor required)
The students must understand both languages of the Summer School (French/English)
Before 16th March 2014 : Email to be sent by applicants stating their intention to apply to the secretariat of the Summer School : firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line: Scholarship – Summer School in Thessaloniki
Before 30th March 2014 : Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1) Covering letter
2) Curriculum studiorum indicating clearly studies already completed, research activity and field of research
3) A letter of recommendation from the student’s director of studies (which can be sent separately by the professor, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org : in the subject line Scholarship – Summer School in Thessaloniki followed by the name of the student).
4) Other documents the candidate considers useful in support of his application.
5) In the event that applicants request exceptional aid for transport, they should include a letter to this effect together with documents attesting to their need for such aid.
N.B. : for practical reasons, applicants are kindly requested not to wait the last day to send their application and their dossier